11/1/13

Weight Watchers!

Where To Begin...?

I had about 5 doctors appointments this week, and 3 out of the 5 told me I needed to lose weight and that I had moved from being just overweight to obese. In fact 1 of them stated I was MORBIDLY obese.
This didn't sit too well with me.
After sobbing in my car for a good 5 minutes, I decided to pull myself together and I called my mom.
My mom then told me that I needed to not only lose weight to feel better about my appearance but also because of the health factors, I have some respiratory and cardiac issues and losing the weight will certainly help.
I'm currently on a medication that causes a lot of weight gain, so the idea of trying to lose weight while I'm on something that makes me gain is a bit overwhelming.
However it can be done, I just have to work twice as hard.
The other thing is my doctor didn't clear me for cardio, so at this point I have to lose weight using diet alone for now.
This is where Weight Watchers comes in.
I have family members and friends who have used weight watchers and they have seen great results.
I also like that it allows for me to eat the foods that I want too without feeling guilty or defeated.

So here it is folks.
Day 3 of Weight Watchers:
I can honestly say this diet is very easy to maintain.
I haven't used all my daily points even once let alone my weekly bonus points.
And because I have to track my food, it makes me more aware of what I'm putting into my body.
I don't feel like I'm on a diet, so far I've been able to eat normal foods and enjoy my meals since starting.

Last night I made a delicious meal that was only 7 points!
I made Cajun Blackened Tilapia with Herb Rice.
Delicious
See?:


Quite Easy and Simple.

Today my snacks are as followed:

2 Pts.


sooooo yummy! 4 pts


Super Spicy but delicious. 4pts for about 30almonds.

I'd love to hear what you all are snacking on during the day, and what you find to be challenging or helpful!
Any and all advice is appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment