7/11/13

Grandma's Spaghetti Sauce!

Grandma's Spaghetti Sauce!

 

So we are leaving for vacation this Sunday, and there is always lots of prepping and packing to do! However we had a new item to add to our agenda this year, and that was Grandma's Spaghetti Sauce!
My Grandma has been a bit under the weather the past few months so she was unable to make her cherished spaghetti sauce, however my dad decided that with her guidance we would attempt to make her sauce ourselves!

(My Grandmother is fabulous)

Now this post is NOT a recipe post.
Because it's a secret :)
But I'll give you some little glimpses into how we did!


 Now First and Foremost.
My Dad is NOT a Cook.
His idea of cooking is buttered egg noodles and a hot ham and cheese.
So this was HUGE.
And you know what....
He did wonderful!

Look at him prepping the garlic!

Thanks Dad!

 So after we added all the ingredients to the sauce

We let it simmer for a bit.


While that was bubbling, I worked on the meatballs.


And The Ribs.



And The Sausage.

and then we threw it all in the pot to cook for the next couple of hours




Naturally I Was Starving.
So I Started Snacking.

 And Taste Testing.....



At The End of The Day.
It Wasn't Grandma's.
It needed more oregano (I think this was because we used fresh instead of dried.)
But this was something easily fixed!
So with 4 tubs in the freezer and ready, I think we are all set to go to the beach!!



On a sidenote:
I hate spaghetti sauce!
So this just shows how much I love my family :)

No comments:

Post a Comment